Senior Information Security Engineer
Senior Information Security Engineer - Secure Coding
Branch is on a mission to help working Americans grow financially. We do this by helping companies accelerate payments and empower working Americans with accessible, fee-free financial services. We’re committed to building and delivering more inclusive and transparent financial products.
Come join our team as we develop new ways to improve the lives of working Americans. Our mission starts with empowering our own employees. Have a great idea? Share it today and it might just get implemented tomorrow. As a team member at Branch, your voice and creativity can directly impact the product and company. We not only attract great talent from across the country, but also build teams to help that talent to thrive. That means valuing a diversity of opinions and working styles, while creating a shared belief in innovation, initiative, and winning together.
Branch is seeking an experienced Security professional to join our team. This position will work in all aspects of security, however the ideal candidate will have a background in implementing secure coding best practices within an organization. Will also need to have broad security experience securing applications, networks, cloud environments, and corporate devices.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with our Engineering and Cloud Operations teams to guide them on building secure code and providing secure code training
- Manage the GitHub Advanced Security product at Branch
- Work with Engineering and Cloud Operations to implement process and procedures for resolving Critical and High vulnerabilities in a timely manner
- Identify ways to improve secure coding practices at Branch
- Monitor all environments for potential security risks
- Maintain logging and monitoring infrastructure
- Will become an internal expert on the companies Google Chronicle SIEM (Security Information and Event Management)
- Participate in the 3rd Party Vendor Management process
- Respond to security incidents in a measured, programmatic, and timely manner
- This position may lead and/or participate in incident response activities
- Implement security automation and orchestration as a means to do more, faster, with a high degree of accuracy
- Regularly test the security posture using various tools and manual techniques
- Identify, manage, and remediate security vulnerabilities
- Provide insight and recommendations in Patch & Vulnerability Management meetings
- Implement, maintain, and monitor security controls
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Oral and written communication to an audience of employees as well as to the leadership team is necessary
- Github Advanced Security experience required
- Ability to independently work security incidents from identification to resolution
- Experience investigating incidents such as; malware, phishing, DLP, and other security events
- Experience protecting Cloud resources, along with Linux, Mac, and Windows devices
- Solid ethics and core values
- Situations sometimes require discretion and may be of a confidential or sensitive nature
- Experience in using security tools such as Google Chronicle, CrowdStrike, Drata, etc
- Familiarity with security frameworks like SOC 2, PCI, NIST CSF, ISO 27001, CCPA
- Experience with implementing or managing SOAR (security orchestration, automation and response) tools
- Scripting experience using Bash and Python is preferred
- Certifications a plus (CISSP, CCSP, GIAC, etc)
- Remote-first work culture (domestic USA)
- Branch-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
Working at Branch
Headquartered in Minneapolis but with employees located all throughout the US, Branch emphasizes transparency, accountability, and trust to create a collaborative environment where our product, engineering, marketing, customer support, customer success, and sales teams can all thrive together.
Our teamwork has enabled us to become an award-winning fintech company, with Branch’s innovation and workplace recognized across industries. Branch has been honored by the Webby Awards, Benzinga Fintech Awards, Fintech Breakthrough Awards, the Star Tribune’s Top Workplaces, and EY Entrepreneur of the Year, Heartland, among others.
Learn more about our culture, approach, technology, and people here: https://www.branchapp.com/about
Branch is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Must be currently authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship or transfer. No 3rd-parties, please.