BuildOps – AE Manager
At BuildOps, we’re building a groundbreaking software solution, built to support today’s commercial contractors. From helping our customers to manage their service all the way to project management, we’re breaking the mold and building a team that invests in our mission statement. We love driven, self-motivated folks experienced in tech start-ups and thrive in fast-paced environments. Could you be our next hire?
BuildOps is a rapidly growing B2B SaaS company that provides operational software to HVAC, plumbing, and electrical contractors. We have raised over $100 million from top-tier VC firms such as Fika Ventures, Founders Fund, and 01A Advisors, whose CEO Dick Costolo sits on our board. Our remote team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced AE Manager to join our Sales team. Although the role is remote, we strongly prefer candidates located in Los Angeles.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and lead a team of Account Executives responsible for driving revenue and growth in the HVAC, plumbing, and electrical contractor market.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Customer Success, and Product to align on go-to-market strategies and drive customer acquisition.
- Develop and execute sales plans to meet and exceed sales targets and objectives.
- Coach and mentor the AE team to ensure they have the necessary skills and knowledge to achieve their sales goals and contribute to the company's overall success.
- Monitor and analyze sales performance metrics to identify opportunities for improvement and develop action plans to address performance gaps.
- Build strong relationships with key customers and partners to drive revenue growth and customer retention.
- Stay up-to-date with market trends and competitive landscape to inform sales strategies and tactics.
What we look for:
- 2+ years of experience in a management role leading an AE team in a B2B SaaS environment.
- Prior experience as an Account Executive, preferably in the HVAC, plumbing, or electrical contractor industry.
- Demonstrated success in driving revenue growth and exceeding sales targets.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate a team.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Comfortable with technology and able to learn new tools and software quickly.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Who you are:
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- Passionate about leading teams to provide exceptional customer experiences
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, and well-organized
- Experienced in selling transformation/visionary solutions, especially where there isn't an obvious budget (demand creation vs. fulfillment)
- Comfortable coaching team of AE’s conducting technical presentation/demo and owning full customer lifecycle from prospect to close
- A proven sales leader with high integrity and grit
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Unlimited paid time off
- Company events like BBQs and team-building activities, both in-person and virtual
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another (seriously, everyone is rooting for your success!)
- The chance to get in on the ground floor and build something truly groundbreaking for ourselves and our amazing customers
Who we are:
BuildOps is a fast-paced, high-growth start-up, committed to transforming a $30-billion industry through our all-in-one platform. Leveraging the latest technology, we’re taking commercial contractors from the world of pen and paper operations to digitized, efficient, data-driven business.
Our co-founders have over a decade of experience in both construction and SaaS technology, as well as a resume that includes Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, Microsoft, and multiple successful startup exits, including a $1.2 billion acquisition.
BuildOps has raised multiple rounds of funding from some of the largest and most reputable Venture Capital firms, including Founders Fund, Fika Ventures, Siemens Next47, and Greenspring Associates.
“BuildOps is unique because it addresses the problem of efficiency in construction for an often-overlooked audience. Rather than focusing on large projects, or catering to owners, they look to the needs of technician-heavy subcontracting firms working in the commercial space.”
“The new financing will be used to support the company’s continued growth. BuildOps sells software that integrates scheduling, dispatching, inventory management, contracts, workflow and accounting into a single software package for commercial real estate contractors with staff ranging from a few dozen to several hundred employees.”
In a statement, [former NFL superstar] Joe Montana noted that his firm (Liquid 2 Ventures) has an investment thesis in supporting America’s working class… “I just love the idea of making their lives far easier and better,” he said. With BuildOps, “you have one solution that does it all and talks seamlessly to every single part of their business from parts to ordering to inventory and more.”
Wall Street Journal [Paywall]
BuildOps, the Santa Monica, California, startup that provides software for real estate subcontractors was seeded with $5.8 million in funding from investors including Fika Ventures, MetaProp VC, Global Founders Capital, CrossCut Ventures, TenOneTen, IGSB, 1984 Ventures, Liquid 2 Ventures and Ground Up Ventures.