GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Account Manager is a critical role within the Customer Success department that partners directly with Sales to best service our advertising agency partners and execute on a variety of campaigns to meet client targets. The Account Manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring that all aspects of campaign performance are exceeding expectations while simultaneously updating, educating and building relationships with advertising clients.
Additionally, the Account Manager helps facilitate the management of all aspects of the campaign internally via the Campaign Manager, who works with our design team, the advertising operations team and Engineering team to expertly set up each campaign according to key performance indicators.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events. There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward.
What You'll Achieve
- Take ownership of GumGum’s renewal business
- Lead the charge in supporting GumGum’s renewal business by providing GumGum clients with an industry leading end-to-end experience
- Build strategic and long-lasting relationships with GumGum’s key clients
- Attend in person meetings and entertain clients as deemed necessary
- Present campaign performance and updates to client or sales team and communicate optimizations to achieve goals
- Discover incremental opportunities for growth among existing campaigns
- Driving strategy for growth of key accounts
- Support Sales in managing and executing strategic sales opportunities
- Understand the client pipeline and strategically use current campaign success to help secure revenue on future initiatives
- Spend ample time researching client campaigns and programs they are running outside of GumGum. Strategize how GumGum could be a potential fit and put together a plan to potentially be presented to the client proactively
- For key strategic accounts, take ownership of the QBR process and pull together key information that can be presented directly to clients
- Coordinate internal teams and execute on sold campaigns
- Work with Campaign Managers to properly implement and manage sold advertising campaigns
- Meet regularly with Campaign Managers to make sure campaign details are organized, up-to-date and turnaround times are being adhered to.
- Take ownership of pod meetings, set the agenda and have goals in place so the team understands what should be accomplished during that time
- Make sure there is alignment on client success metrics across the rest of the operations department
- Review campaign performance daily to ensure performance is trending to achieve KPIs. Meet with Ad Ops to suggest campaign optimizations
- Provide feedback to the company on how to best service clients' needs
Skills You'll Bring
- BA/BS degree in Business (Advertising/Marketing) or similar experience
- 1-2+ years of experience in the digital media field, preferably in online verticals - Account Management and/or Media Planning
- Extreme attention to detail
- Intermediate PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Advanced in advertising metrics and comfortable with interpreting and explaining performance to clients
- Familiarity with Doubleclick, Sizmek, MOAT, Integral Ad Science, Millward Brown, Upwave, Salesforce, DoubleVerify and JIRA
- Proficient with online advertising terms, concepts, and revenue model
- Able to manage a variety of client needs while delivering on GumGum’s reputation for excellent customer service
- Diplomatically manage various stakeholders both internally and externally while delivering on client expectations
- Ability to balance competing demands in a high pressure environment to deliver on deadlines
- Highly self-motivated team player
- Open to on-going feedback while maintaining a growth mindset
- Self organized and proactive. Uses Initiative to go above and beyond and deliver on client needs
What We Offer
- Learn about our benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits. If you'd like additional information, your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process!
- BuiltIn #37 Best Places to Work 2023 across the United States
- BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
- BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum