Group Sales Director
GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Group Sales Director is responsible for leading and growing teams of sellers in a coverage capacity when the permanent manager is on a period of leave. Reporting to the SVP of East Coast Sales, this role is also responsible for leading and developing senior relationships in the allocated region to drive real value for our clients through GumGum products.
Group Sales Directors have a deep knowledge of the online media landscape, the advertising community and have 7+ years of proven media sales experience as well as 3+ years of management experience. The Group Sales Director is a self motivated leader who can work with internal teams and is committed to achieving and exceeding sales goals while growing GumGum’s products in their allocated region. Given the nature of this role, the Group Sales Director will need be able to juggle multiple priorities at once while managing sellers across various regions and client portfolios.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events. There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward. We highly prefer this hire to be located in the Greater NY area, but may open to other candidates along the East Coast.
What You'll Achieve
- Sales Team Management and Support
- Oversee GumGum’s sales team productivity, building a highly inclusive culture, ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met.
- Drive effective recruitment, onboarding, professional development, performance management and retention of team members.
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement team wide goal setting and performance management.
- Ensure team members are having the best possible GumGum experience by delivering meaningful feedback and coaching to the team, evidenced by regular feedback requests, 1:1’s, quarterly reviews and recognition.
- Drive Revenue for Covering Patch
- Territories will be allocated on an as needed basis across North America and this role is responsible for working with sellers to drive new business and grow existing partnerships.
- Expected to support sellers by making senior level introductions if possible across agencies and brands.
- Relationship Development
- Transition core relationships and cultivate senior-level contacts within brands, agency contacts and clients to gain deep insight into their business and ultimately provide GumGum solutions for their marketing and advertising goals
- Internal Collaboration
- Work with Client Strategists, Account Managers, Programmatic Managers and other internal teams to ensure sold proposals are successfully implemented and aligned with client expectations.
Skills You'll Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Media or Marketing/Advertising field
- 7+ years of selling experience in digital advertising sales (has to be sales in our specific industry whether publisher or advertising tech sales)
- 2-3+ years experience managing a team of sellers responsible for teams who drive significant revenue ($15M+)
- Must have strong selling experience and track record of hitting or exceeding sales targets with extensive senior-level brand and agency contacts
- Experience leading and coaching sales team members
- Programmatic experience
- Proficient in SalesForce (is comfortable logging meetings, calls, pulling reports, etc.)
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Fundamental understanding of business drivers (P/L, Operating Statement, COGS, Revenue, etc.)
- Outgoing and can build and maintain/grow client relationships at all levels (entertaining is required)
- Is open and adapts to change and innovation
What We Offer
At GumGum, competitive base pay is a part of a total rewards package which also includes benefits, an emphasis on recognition, development, and wellness. The reasonable estimated base pay range for this role is from ($152,000 - $175,000) annually. The actual amount may be higher or lower. Individual compensation will vary based on factors including, but not limited to, relevant qualifications, work location, and labor market conditions.
The total rewards package offered also includes an employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan, and depending on the role, participation in a bonus, commission, or stock incentive program. Your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process. Learn more about our U.S. benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits.
- BuiltIn #37 Best Places to Work 2023 across the United States
- BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
- BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum