Senior Product Marketing Manager
GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Senior Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is responsible for leading product commercialization and sales enablement efforts to ensure the successful launch and competitive positioning of GumGum’s products globally. This role is responsible for understanding clients’ needs and communicating our value proposition to prospective and current clients and partners through the go-to-market process. As the driver of go-to-market efforts, the Senior PMM is a key collaborator in product roadmapping, product ideation, as well as the strategic development and execution of go-to-market materials. This role collaborates with cross-functional teams including, but not limited to Product, Sales, Operations, Product, and Marketing teams, to drive commercial success through data-driven analysis and marketplace intelligence, customer-centric messaging, and creative problem-solving.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward. GumGum is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and MN.
What You'll Achieve
- Own and manage global go-to-market (GTM) strategies for all of GumGum’s ad format solutions and related tools, including positioning, product-market fit, sales enablement and executive alignment.
- Lead cross-functional partners to execute alpha/beta/GA programming to test, learn, and iterate on product launches.
- Partner with Product leaders in defining the product roadmap, optimizing internal processes, and advancing GumGum’s thought leadership within the industry.
- Represent the voice of the customer (VOC) through thoughtful qualitative and quantitative inbound and effectively communicate business and product opportunities to key internal stakeholders.
- Lead workstreams to better understand customers’ jobs-to-be-done/buyer personas for both Product and Sales leadership.
- Drive market assessments and competitive analysis in order to inform product development strategy and sales enablement initiatives.
- Drive critical cross-functional decision making with leadership partners by analyzing options based on research and analysis.
Skills You'll Bring
- BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent relevant experience (PM Certification, etc); MBA or advanced degree a plus
- 5+ years of product marketing experience in advertising technology/media
- Experience building and executing marketing and go-to-market plans and campaigns
- Excellent storyteller; knowledge of how to build a story and produce great content
- Strong technical/product acumen, able to translate complicated concepts and capabilities in a simple, clear, and concise manner
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven mindset
- Superb communication skills, verbal and written, naturally curious, asks great questions
- A highly developed Project Management capability that relies on well executed organization and relies on a strong influencing ability
- Ability to influence and motivate colleagues across a distributed and cross-functional team setup
- The ability to execute engaging and educational presentations
- Preferred but not required: Experience with Highspot, Quantcast, Salesforce, Looker
- Recognized self-starter, who takes initiative, capable of flourishing in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Able to take ownership of projects, work independently and use initiative to find solutions
- Collaborative, innovative and creative
- Agile; Nimble and able to change direction based on the business needs
What We Offer
At GumGum, competitive base pay is a part of a total rewards package which also includes benefits, an emphasis on recognition, development, and wellness. The reasonable estimated base pay range for this role is from ($85,000 - $130,000) annually. The actual amount may be higher or lower. Individual compensation will vary based on factors including, but not limited to, relevant qualifications, work location, and labor market conditions.
The total rewards package offered also includes an employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan, and depending on the role, participation in a bonus, commission, or stock incentive program. Your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process. Learn more about our U.S. benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits.
- BuiltIn #37 Best Places to Work 2023 across the United States
- BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
- BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum