Product Manager, Data & Reporting
GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Product Manager is a key member of our Technology Team and supports the VP, Product. The Product Manager will help shape product strategy for the advertising division and will own part of the product roadmap aligned with GumGum’s vision. The Product Management function at GumGum is pivotal and will drive key business decisions and influence what will be built and launched.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for a portfolio of our data and reporting products. This role will be responsible for determining product strategy, feature prioritization, and overall success of our high impact and connected TV video advertising products. As a Product Manager you will drive product development by working closely with a number of key internal partners including engineering and operations. You will continuously analyze data and meet frequently with partners and stakeholders to gather feedback and support for your product roadmap and feature prioritization.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward. GumGum is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and MN.
What You'll Achieve
- Establish a product strategy, roadmap, and goals for a portfolio of advertising products including internal and external reporting tools and the insights they provide.
- Conduct ongoing research including meeting with sales and directly with clients to gain a deeper understanding of market and customer needs to inform the creation of new products and the evolution of existing products.
- Consistently measure performance and analyze existing products for opportunities to innovate and improve product performance, providing additional benefits to customers and GumGum
- Effectively organize and manage a product roadmap and a backlog of product requests while keeping key stakeholders informed of progress and status.
- Solve ambiguous product problems with an ability to understand business, product and customer tradeoffs and execute a solution with a cross-functional team of internal partners including engineers, operations, marketing and sales
- Help establish a new customer first product management organization - drive change through influence and collaborate effectively across the organization
Skills You'll Bring
- BA or CS Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of Product Management experience in an ad-tech environment (or other relevant industry experience)
- 1+ year(s) of end to end product delivery
- 1+ year(s) in working with data products
- Has successfully managed a product portfolio, ideally in the digital advertising space
- Has worked directly with an advertising sales organization and understands the digital advertising ecosystem and its key players.
- Has partnered with engineering, marketing and design teams to define, build and launch new products on time and on budget.
- Familiar with software development and collaboration tools (e.g. Atlassian)
- Critical thinker and strong problem-solving skills
- Customer-centric mindset with the capability of translating that into a clear and cogent product strategy and roadmap
- Understand the product development process and has experience with one or more product development methodologies (e.g. agile, lean)
- Be both detailed oriented and a big picture thinker with an ability to drive improvements to existing products and define new products
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence critical outcomes
- Great communication skills to communicate with both technical and non-technical cross-functional team members and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to create great working relationships and product results
- Self-starter, with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Has product intuition; can decipher between must do, like to have, and won’t do
- An analytical mindset and logical approach to problem-solving based on drawing insights from data
What We Offer
At GumGum, competitive base pay is a part of a total rewards package which also includes benefits, an emphasis on recognition, development, and wellness. The reasonable estimated base pay range for this role is from ($102,000 - $141,000) annually. The actual amount may be higher or lower. Individual compensation will vary based on factors including, but not limited to, relevant qualifications, work location, and labor market conditions.
The total rewards package offered also includes an employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan, and depending on the role, participation in a bonus, commission, or stock incentive program. Your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process. Learn more about our U.S. benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits.
- BuiltIn #37 Best Places to Work 2023 across the United States
- BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
- BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum