Senior Client Strategist, Northern Europe
GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Senior Client Strategist in Germany is responsible for partnering with the sales teams in Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, and the Nordics to achieve local revenue goals. This entails working cross-functionally across GumGum’s Sales Teams to lead recommendations that address the client’s needs and objectives and position GumGum to partner effectively with clients on each potential campaign.
Success in this position requires the ability to understand client needs, craft solutions that match needs to GumGum’s offerings, project manage, storytell, and prioritize competing response demands. This role will operate in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines, and is expected to deliver autonomously with limited oversight and guidance from team leadership.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward.
Please keep in mind the start date for this role is in 2024.
What You'll Achieve
- Deal Response Leadership
- Lead creation of the response for every Deal Response stage opportunity in Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, and the Nordics. This includes any deal with a voiced budget (or, if programmatic, specific planned initiative), regardless of size, account, or channel (i.e., managed direct or managed programmatic)
- Take ownership of our strategic relationships with some of our biggest clients across these markets, developing proactive ideas, thought-leadership and solutions which help them drive success in creative, context, and attention
- Where possible, cross-functional alignment on what to propose throughout the response creation process. This involves preparing for, facilitating, and following up on discussions to brainstorm and review proposed solutions. It also means regularly pushing back internally, influencing others to adopt alternative solutions, and decision-making
- Prepare required response deliverable(s) that are on-time and of industry-leading quality
- As needed, contribute to client follow-up efforts on specific deal responses, such as insights for a check-in email or participation in a response feedback call
- Advise more junior and new team members on large deal responses, as requested by team leadership
- Be the main point of contact for Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Nordics strategy team support
- Response Deliverable Creation (Deliverable Quality)
- Prepare response deliverables that succinctly communicate our understanding of the client’s needs and a proposed solution, in a manner that differentiates GumGum and is palatable to media buyers. Masterfully combine qualitative and quantitative information to tell the most compelling stories possible
- Deeply understand GumGum’s value proposition and offerings and our points of differentiation, and consistently reflect this understanding in all response deliverables
- Gracefully navigate GumGum’s internal teams to propose solutions that showcase both the best that GumGum has to offer and what the organization can reasonably support
- Take a data-driven and analytical approach to storytelling, leveraging data tools and reporting, including but not limited to Looker, Quantcast, and Comscore
- Where appropriate, create inter-departmental / cross product propositions for RFP answers as well as for proactive cooperation and deal pitches
- Cooperate with Sales Marketing for Proposal-linked market research
- Constantly review with local sales leaders market requirements, proposal successes and ensure increase of quality
- Client Strategy Team Effectiveness
- Proactively identify and lead opportunities to improve team resources that will maximize efficiency of response creation
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities to lead at least one initiative per quarter to improve the effectiveness of the client strategy team overall
- Mentor more junior and new team members, provide guidance and a working team structure to all members of the CSM Team
Skills You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related discipline.
- 3-5 years of work experience, ideally in media buying, media planning, sales, customer success, business development, or marketing, either in high growth tech companies or agencies
- Experience developing proposals and pitches
- Experienced in leading (small) teams preferable but not necessary
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Project management and prioritization
- Storytelling, using both qualitative and quantitative information
- Ability to use, or quickly learn, research and reporting tools like Comscore, Quantcast, and Looker
- Strong understanding of online advertising and how media agencies and brands make decisions
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Google Slides
- Proficient in Excel / Google Sheets
- German speaking
What We Offer
- Learn about our benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits. If you'd like additional information, your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process!
- BuiltIn #37 Best Places to Work 2023 across the United States
- BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
- BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum