Solutions Marketing Manager, Media
GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Solutions Marketing Manager, Media is a new role at GumGum and will play an integral part in a newly established Solutions Marketing & Enablement team focused on GTM activities of GumGum’s suite of products. This team will develop deep insights on GumGum audience segments that translate into a solutions-based approach to marketing our suite of products to drive incremental, long-term revenue for the business. GumGum’s multifaceted suite of products requires someone with a seasoned tech-side and/or agency/brand background who can simplify our client problems and build GTM approaches that align our products accordingly.
Reporting to the Director, Solutions Marketing & Enablement, this role will work closely with subject matter experts internally and customers to develop and continually optimize the messaging framework and positioning around GumGum’s media offerings. The Solutions Marketing Manager will lead the development and education around the buyer journey and personas for our media business, clearly articulating and educating about their ongoing challenges and needs to internal stakeholders. Success in this role is to be known as the subject matter expert of the value proposition and GTM messaging, activities, and enablement that build awareness and consideration of media to our advertising agency clients. The ideal candidate for this position thrives in a fast-paced environment, has an entrepreneurial spirit, gets things done, and has an inherent motivation to constantly find new, creative ways to amplify our branding efforts. This is an incredible opportunity to drive tangible impact for an exciting time of GumGum’s growth.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward. GumGum is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and MN.
What You'll Achieve
- Deeply understand GumGum’s media customers’ needs, market dynamics, and competitive landscape.
- Develop segment value prop and messaging guidelines, translating research and segment needs into business insights with an in-depth understanding of customers, competitors, products, and industries.
- Develop a clear understanding of the media customer buying journey and adapt GTM programming to accelerate speed to conversion
- Identify and create content marketing opportunities with cross-functional teams to generate an ongoing lead gen strategy & plan inclusive of budgeting & reporting.
- Engage with key internal stakeholders from Sales, Product, and Product Marketing to ensure go-to-market efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with Sales to identify and understand the best path to market for proposed product solutions and be able to implement change as necessary.
- Participate in sales team calls, in-person meetings, and planning sessions
- Lead competitive intelligence analysis related to primary segment/persona focus
- Maintain segment-specific RFI/RFP playbooks
- Work cross-functionally with other parts of the organization to identify new product requirements for data persona decision-makers
Skills You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, sales, strategy, communications, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3-4+ years of work experience, ideally with a mix of experiences working with advertising agencies and brands
- Experience executing market analysis and developing collateral in PowerPoint and other creative software
- Experience with lead-generation capabilities within Salesforce
- Experience with marketing automation platforms such as Hubspot
- Ability to understand a marketing strategy at a persona level
- Expert in marketing tools and operations (Salesforce, Hubspot, Splash
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Solid understanding of data needs related to online advertising and media buying world
- Strong analytical skill sets and capabilities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-based environment
- Proven ability to develop impactful marketing strategies and communicate recommendations to executives.
- Outstanding communication and relationship-building skills.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising unique content & effective campaigns.
- A creative marketing mind that can think outside the box and push the limits of what’s possible
- Autonomous and very hands-on when it comes to leading a campaign with key stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Ownership mentality and proven ability to get things done without extensive oversight
- An entrepreneurial attitude and approach
What We Offer
At GumGum, competitive base pay is a part of a total rewards package which also includes benefits, an emphasis on recognition, development, and wellness. The reasonable estimated base pay range for this role is from ($90,000 - $107,000) annually. The actual amount may be higher or lower. Individual compensation will vary based on factors including, but not limited to, relevant qualifications, work location, and labor market conditions.
The total rewards package offered also includes an employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan, and depending on the role, participation in a bonus, commission, or stock incentive program. Your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process. Learn more about our U.S. benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits.
- BuiltIn #37 Best Places to Work 2023 across the United States
- BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
- BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum