Programmatic Ad Operations Specialist
GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Programmatic Ad Operations Specialist is part of GumGum’s Ad Operations team, whose primary responsibilities include the management, optimization and analysis of Programmatic and Direct campaigns throughout the GumGum platform. The Programmatic Ad Operations Specialist is an enthusiastic, confident, and flexible team player, with a strong analytical and creative mindset that thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
What You'll Achieve
- Campaign Management
- Ability to autonomously setup and drive the technical setup of Direct and Programmatic campaigns.
- Setup ad creatives and tracking tags for direct and programmatic campaigns.
- QA, Monitor and Optimise campaigns to ensure the highest possible outcomes, whilst ensuring campaign delivery.
- Work as the liaison between the buyer (GumGum’s Client), DSPs or 3rd Party Vendors as required to activate and measure successful campaigns, while troubleshooting any issues that may arise on either side.
- Consult with the other team members to ensure the success of all campaigns and the satisfaction of the client.
- Assist with End of Month billing processes.
- Effectively use GumGum data products such as AIP and Verity and various other data/tracking/monitoring tools to ensure campaign success.
- Technical Skills & Support
- Serve as a point of contact for clients and internal teams regarding technical aspects of campaigns.
- Provide timely and effective resolution to technical issues and inquiries.
- Familiarity with programmatic advertising concepts and business models as well as industry process, terminologies, and best practices.
- Familiarity with DSP vendors, a variety of third party vendor tracking / monitoring tools and project management tools.
- Develop a deep understanding of GumGums’s internal tools and systems as well as GumGum’s product suite, such as AIP and Verity.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyse data across multiple metrics to determine optimisation strategies.
- Reporting and Analysis
- Generate regular reports on campaign performance and present insights to internal and external stakeholders.
- Extract meaningful insights and trends from campaign data.
- Escalation & Collaboration
- Work closely with the Sales team & Account Management team to help formulate media plans and campaign strategies.
- Collaborate across multiple departments to analyse insights data and provide deliverables pre/mid/post-campaign.
- Take ownership of and investigate discrepancies and other campaigns related issues as necessary, conducting testing and escalation to relevant stakeholders as required.
- Act as an expert by staying up to date on the comprehensive GumGum programmatic offering as well as maintaining an expert knowledge of the DSP Platforms that GumGum integrates with. Use this knowledge to support and educate partners, clients and internal teams as necessary.
Skills You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as Advertising, Marketing, Business, or a relevant discipline.
- 2+ years of relevant experience trafficking, optimising and pacing digital advertising campaigns.
- Experience with various ad serving systems (DCM), project management tools, data management platforms (DMPs), demand side platforms (DSPs), and research study vendors.
- Has advanced knowledge on most KPIs and the ability to optimise toward them.
- Understanding of digital media & advertising principles (marketing funnel, media rate types, programmatic media, etc).
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Exemplary attention to detail and delivering results in an organised manner.
- Ability to think strategically, create a plan and execute on all phases while practising excellent time management and meeting tight deadlines.
- Comfortable with data; has an analytical mindset and logical approach to problem-solving based on drawing insights from data.
- Manage various stakeholders both internally and externally while delivering on client expectations.
- Ability to balance competing demands and multiple projects simultaneously, in a high pressure environment.
- Self starter with a high energy level and enthusiasm for digital technology, data, and operational efficiency.
- Proactive and highly organised, with the ability to manage and prioritise multiple campaigns in a timely manner.
- Driven to find improvements and efficiencies in their work.
- BuiltIn #37 Best Places to Work 2023 across the United States
- BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
- BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum