Community Experience Manager
GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
GumGum’s Community (Office) Manager is an exciting opportunity to create a compelling in-office experience for GumGum’s East Coast team members who also have the opportunity to work from home within a hybrid work environment. The person in this role will help us to open our new East Coast office that allows for inside / outside work and collaboration and client entertainment. This person will have manage the first impression of GumGum’s office in New York City for team members, clients and guests. For this reason, the Client & Community Manager will be required to be onsite five (5) days a week at our New York City office.
Reporting to the Director, People (HR) Operations, the Community Manager will deliver service offerings across various groups around the organization including prioritizing clients, team members, partners and vendors. This role will curate the workday and help connect people to places. This means understanding GumGum’s strategy and goals to cultivate consistent touchpoints of experience for internal and external guests. They will foster a positive and engaged community around the GumGum brand, culture and values. And will partner closely with GumGum’s Employee Experience & Engagement Associates to create educational, fun, and innovative in-office events & experiences.
The ideal candidate will bring a friendly, chic, enthusiastic, people-first and client-focused approach to what they do each day. They will operate autonomously, bring forth new ideas & strategies for a hybrid workforce, sales entertainment and proactively identify areas for efficiency & scale. This means supporting the employee journey across the organization, creating a dependable, scalable experience that aligns the cultural, physical, and technological aspects of the workplace. Office management responsibilities include vendor, budget and stakeholder management, inventory and mail distribution, security and safety management, all in addition to the general tidiness and organization of the office.
Because GumGum allows team members to work from home, the Client & Community Manager will be pivotable in connecting in-person and remote teams, and creating an office environment that team members can’t wait to go to each week.
What You'll Achieve
- Event/ Experience Management
- Work closely with key partners in HR/Employee Experience, senior leadership, sales, IT, and finance to bring forth unique and engaging experiences for team members and clientst such as developing and implementing strategies to build and grow a strong community around the GumGum brand/culture
- Provide design input and event support for employee and client events
- Foster a sense of belonging and connection among team members - Work the DEIB team to support communities and programs that promote diversity, equity and inclusion at GumGum
- Work with relevant business leads to plan, coordinate and execute events onsite in New York City. These could include executive meetings, client meetings or experiences, recruitment or talent events or employee experiences.
- Ensure budgets are determined prior to event
- Work with local vendors to support the catering, equipment hire and logistics of running event including managing any local compliance issues (such as the service of alcohol on the site)
- Act as a point of contact onsite for guests to ensure an excellent GumGum brand experience
- Handle set-up, teardown and clean-up of in-office events
- Ensure the office is always presented with an external brand awareness ensuring plants are watered, snacks are stocked, coffee machines work, HVAC issues are managed and resolved, broken furniture is removed and repaired and storage within the office is confined to designated areas.
- Ensure meeting spaces are kept clean, whiteboards are cleared, furniture is returned to design specs and in consultation with IT, all AV and VC equipment is fully functional.
- Manage Boardroom booking service to ensure it is always available for top priority meetings.
- Office Management/Experience
- Greet team members, clients and visitors to build an inclusive and engaging experience
- Storage, Space and Design Management of the office
- Coordinate office repairs and renovations ensuring all office infrastructure is working as designed and meeting the needs of the business
- Office Safety
- Implement workplace safety policies and procedures
- Manage office access including access card management
- Manage office security utilizing any systems and resources put in place.
- Manage any health and safety training and/or signage
- Manage a strict visitors register for any necessary employee visit to the office
- Shipping & Receiving
- Handle shipping/receiving for all company mail and packages
- Manage Fedex shipping account
- Securely depositing checks in a timely manner and working with Accounts Payable on any issues/concerns
- Office Vendor & Supply Management
- Office liaison to building management, resolving including repair requests, lease needs, parking management and security needs
- Partner with Procurement/Legal on vendor relationships
- Route Vendor Contracts
- Maintain vendor relationships/working with Legal on contract management
- Act as point of contact for landlords, vendors and building management
- Restock/manage of office supplies, food and inventory
- Purchase necessary office supplies for the office's functioning using a company card
- Submit expense reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Answer and direct all phone calls
- Perform global office support as needed
- Ability and desire to travel when needed for special events/projects
- Collaborate with other Office Coordinators / Managers around the globe as needed
Skills You'll Bring
- Associates degree or equivalent experience preferable
- Location of office: New York, New York candidate will need to be able to work in the office five business days each week.
- Candidate must have 6+ years of related/relevant experience such as project management, event coordination, HR or internal communications experience
- Experience coordinating and/or managing corporate in-person office environments
- Experience working with vendors, procurement, property managers to proactively manage and resolve any supply or building issues
- Experience working within a hybrid company environment (in-office and work from home) is a bonus
- Brings a hospitality mindset & techniques; considers impact of actions on company and office culture
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to dive into the details and use data to drive decisions
- A problem solver with Strong interpersonal skills, good intuition, and the ability to communicate (written and verbal) to all levels of the organization. Presenting calm and positive energy when interfacing with team members and key stakeholders with a variety of needs and styles
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Consider yourself a creative person and thrive in the design of high-impact go to market designs of your programs - brings forth new ideas & strategies and identifies areas for efficiency & scale
- An innovative problem solver who is proactive and loves to get things done in an autonomous manner
- Excellent time management
- Ability to prioritize workload, balance multiple tasks at once, and solid attention to detail
- Ability to plan and anticipate issues and delays before critical deadlines are due
- Comfortable with new technology, platforms, and process. to effectively use most effective office tools that are appropriate and scalable for GumGum and quickly learn and adapt to new technology systems
- Proficiency in Google applications specifically with Zoom, Sheets, Slides, and Docs
- Friendly and willing to help
- Offers solutions
- Customer service mentality
- Extreme attention to detail
- Proactive and resourceful
- An appreciation of company culture and values and the impact that the office environment has in these areas
- Demonstrates orientation to continuous improvement and critical thinking
- Possess a client service approach and focus
- Strong sense of accountability
- Driven and self motivated
- A problem solver and can work autonomously and in global teams
- Resourceful: able to research potential solutions and overcome obstacles to get projects to the finish line
- Must be able to lift up to 20+ pounds as needed
What We Offer
At GumGum, competitive base pay is a part of a total rewards package which also includes benefits, an emphasis on recognition, development, and wellness. The reasonable estimated base pay range for this role is from ($107,000 - $130,000) annually. The actual amount may be higher or lower. Individual compensation will vary based on factors including, but not limited to, relevant qualifications, work location, and labor market conditions.
The total rewards package offered also includes an employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan, and depending on the role, participation in a bonus, commission, or stock incentive program. Your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process. Learn more about our U.S. benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits.
- Shortlisted for Marketing Technology Company of the Year for the 2023 Mumbrella Awards
- 2024 Winner of 7 BuiltIn Awards on a national, regional, and remote scale - including Remote Best Places to Work at #25 and Best Midsize Places to Work in Los Angeles, CA at #9
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- CTO Hero Award of OTT.X 2023
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
- Finalist for the 2023 AdExchanger Awards Best Video Technology For Media Suppliers
- Gold Award at the IAB Mixx Awards in Belgium in the “Best Use of Advertising Technology” category
- The Drum Award Digital Advertising: Game-changing Technology for Domino's case study
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum