Technical Ad Solutions Developer
GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
In the Technical Ad Solutions team, we busy ourselves primarily with making sure our ads run smoothly and identifying and solving problems of all sorts and shapes. This can vary, for example, from doing tech QA on our bespoke creative builds, to writing code snippets that ensure our ads look good and work well on all websites in our marketplace, and to coding custom solutions to fix rendering and performance issues.
As an Ad Solutions Developer, you will have the opportunity to learn and develop your skills, not only in pure web development but also in digital advertising. You will be part of a motivated and helpful team and serve as one of the go-to ad tech experts for our colleagues in the EMEA and other regions as necessary.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward.
What You'll Achieve
- Independent designing, developing and testing of custom product alignment scripts which will be applied to hundreds of web pages across our marketplace.
- Solves advanced product alignment tasks e.g. on sites with unusual layouts and hidden styles or functions.
- Developing new solutions and ideas by writing code.
- Analysis and reading of tasks in accordance with the technical specifications.
- Smoothly performs ad creative QA and actively suggests how to improve the process.
- Troubleshooting ad serving and creative rendering issues.
- Working in an ambitious team and collaborating with colleagues from other departments.
- Participating in discussions and daily team calls.
- Knowledge sharing.
Skills You'll Bring
- Open to any so long as other requirements are met.
- 1-2y Experience in front-end web development, ideally in an advertising / ad tech environment.
- Advanced HTML, CSS.
- Familiarity with React, Python, Java or other additional languages/JS libraries would be a plus.
- Experience in writing code.
- Knowledge and familiarity of web environment.
- Familiarity with devTools console - debugging and testing skills would be a plus.
- Basic understanding of and/or interest in the ad tech industry and ad serving concepts in general.
- Advanced written and spoken English required; other languages could be a plus.
- Striving to find and creativity in problem solving.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Good ability to work in a team.
- Good time management skills and attention to detail.
- Curious, detail-oriented, solution-focused, resourceful, determined.
What We Offer
- Learn about our benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits. If you'd like additional information, your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process!
- Shortlisted for Marketing Technology Company of the Year for the 2023 Mumbrella Awards
- 2024 Winner of 7 BuiltIn Awards on a national, regional, and remote scale - including Remote Best Places to Work at #25 and Best Midsize Places to Work in Los Angeles, CA at #9
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- CTO Hero Award of OTT.X 2023
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
- Finalist for the 2023 AdExchanger Awards Best Video Technology For Media Suppliers
- Gold Award at the IAB Mixx Awards in Belgium in the “Best Use of Advertising Technology” category
- The Drum Award Digital Advertising: Game-changing Technology for Domino's case study
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum