Technical Ad Solutions Specialist
GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
In the Technical Ad Solutions team, we busy ourselves primarily with making sure our ads run smoothly and identifying and solving problems of all sorts and shapes. This can vary, for example, from catching human error in campaign setups to solving discrepancies and from improving header bidding integrations to optimize publisher revenue, to finding bugs in our ad serving logic. As an Ad Solutions Specialist, you will be part of an enthusiastic and highly skilled team and serve as one of the go-to ad tech experts for our colleagues in the EMEA and occasionally supporting other regions.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward.
What You'll Achieve
- Generating campaign tags, appending and validating internal and third-party tracking
- Actively involved in making improvements in hosting and QA process, AM and ad serving/campaign setup, PM and pub dev workflow and best practices, reporting tools, etc.
- Second line troubleshooting on both the demand and supply side; investigating and resolving issues with script implementations, fill rates, discrepancies, campaign performance, ad serving issues, etc.
- First line troubleshooting for reported ad serving, ad decisioning, product-level ad rendering/tracking, and data issues
- Solving problems and finding opportunities through data analysis using reporting UI and/or SQL.
- Close collaboration with AM, PubDev, Strategy, Design, Product and Engineering teams
- Educating clients and internal teams
Skills You'll Bring
- Open to any so long as other requirements are met.
- Solid experience in digital advertising, ideally in supply-side ad operations / trafficking (publisher, ad network, tech vendor) or programmatic.
- Thorough understanding of the ad tech industry and ad serving ecosystem in general.
- Knowledge of one or more ad servers / SSPs such as GAM, Xandr, OpenX, Adform, etc.
- Familiarity with client-side and/or server-side header bidding (e.g Prebid.js, Index, Amazon TAM, etc.)
- Familiarity with demand-side ad serving / DSPs and tracking systems (e.g. DCM, DV360, TTD, Sizmek, etc.) and data vendors (e.g., IAS, Moat, Lotame, Lumen)
- Advanced written and spoken English; other languages could be a plus.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Curious, detail-oriented, solution-focused, resourceful, persistent, independent
What We Offer
- Learn about our benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits. If you'd like additional information, your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process!
- Shortlisted for Marketing Technology Company of the Year for the 2023 Mumbrella Awards
- 2024 Winner of 7 BuiltIn Awards on a national, regional, and remote scale - including Remote Best Places to Work at #25 and Best Midsize Places to Work in Los Angeles, CA at #9
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- CTO Hero Award of OTT.X 2023
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
- Finalist for the 2023 AdExchanger Awards Best Video Technology For Media Suppliers
- Gold Award at the IAB Mixx Awards in Belgium in the “Best Use of Advertising Technology” category
- The Drum Award Digital Advertising: Game-changing Technology for Domino's case study
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum