GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Account Executive role is an individual contributor responsible for prospecting and growing existing business across the West territory reporting to the Sales Director in Los Angeles. This role is responsible for developing key relationships across a number of agencies parenting closely with the Sales Director, and SVP overseeing the region. We require this role to work relatively autonomously while being supported by cross-functional pre and post sales teams.
Account Executives have experience and knowledge of the online media landscape, the advertising community and have at least 2+ years of digital media experience. The Account Executive uses existing processes to solve a variety of challenging problems to deliver for clients. The role is required to apply independent judgment and discretion to select appropriate options from GumGum’s defined and proven products.
Note: GumGum operates in a ‘flexible’ work environment. There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis.
What You'll Achieve
- Drive revenue for West Coast Region (Los Angeles) - Responsible for a book of business of $2MM+, driving revenue and new business in LA and surrounding areas. This role is responsible for prospecting and growing existing agencies across a variety of accounts.
- Drive Sales from Marketing Channels - Identify and qualify opportunities from marketing driven leads
- Sales Prospecting and Hunting - Expectation to generate a high volume of sales related activity including cold calling, presentations, RFP’s, and out of the box sales solutions
- Upsell Current Clients in Current and New Products - Provide market insight into the display, video and Verity offerings by generating sales specifically from key brands and agencies.
- Relationship Development - Cultivate relationships with brands, agency contacts and clients to gain deep insight into their business and ultimately provide GumGum solutions for their marketing and advertising goals.
- Translate Client Insight to internal Product Team - Provide feedback to the company on how to best service clients’ needs
- Internal Collaboration - Work with Account Manager and other internal teams to ensure proposals are successfully implemented and aligned with client expectations.
Skills You'll Bring
- Bachelor's Degree, Media or Marketing/Advertising field preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in digital advertising sales/agency landscape
- Experience managing a book of business
- Must have strong selling experience and track record of hitting or exceeding sales targets demonstrated with a list of brand and agency contacts in addition to other assignments in the region
- Programmatic experience required
- Strategic relationships across multiple holding companies
- Proficient in SalesForce (is comfortable logging meetings, calls, pulling reports, etc.)
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Must possess superb written and verbal communication skills
- Hungry, motivated, and passionate about our products and industry
- Enjoys establishing and growing client relationships at all levels (entertaining is required)
- Sense of urgency strong enough to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Flexible and open-minded to adapt to change and innovation
- Collaborative team player
What We Offer
At GumGum, competitive base pay is a part of a total rewards package which also includes benefits, an emphasis on recognition, development, and wellness. The reasonable estimated base pay range for this role is from $62,000 - $76,000 annually. The actual amount may be higher or lower. Individual compensation will vary based on factors including, but not limited to, relevant qualifications, work location, and labor market conditions.
The total rewards package offered also includes an employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan, and depending on the role, participation in a bonus, commission, or stock incentive program. Your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process. Learn more about our U.S. benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits.
- Shortlisted for Marketing Technology Company of the Year for the 2023 Mumbrella Awards
- 2024 Winner of 7 BuiltIn Awards on a national, regional, and remote scale - including Remote Best Places to Work at #25 and Best Midsize Places to Work in Los Angeles, CA at #9
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- CTO Hero Award of OTT.X 2023
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
- Finalist for the 2023 AdExchanger Awards Best Video Technology For Media Suppliers
- Gold Award at the IAB Mixx Awards in Belgium in the “Best Use of Advertising Technology” category
- The Drum Award Digital Advertising: Game-changing Technology for Domino's case study
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum