GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Sales Director is an individual seller responsible for prospecting and closing sales in GumGum’s Market Leading Advertising platform. Reporting to the Group Sales Director, this role is responsible for leading and developing key relationships in the allocated region to drive real value for our clients through GumGum products, specifically this role will have a core focus in the TX and surrounding states.
Sales Directors have a deep knowledge of the online media landscape, the advertising community and have 5 years of proven media sales experience. The Sales Director is a self motivated leader who can work with internal teams and are committed to achieving and exceeding sales goals while growing GumGum’s products in their allocated region.
Note: This position is remote/work from home, however, we require someone to be located in the greater Dallas areas to be available for clients in person.
What You'll Achieve
- Drive Revenue for West Region - Responsible for a book of business and driving revenue and new business in our West region of at least 5M+ annually. This role is responsible for partnering with significant Midwest Agencies to grow business across a variety of accounts with a focus on growing the tech & telecom vertical
- Drive Sales from Marketing Channels - Identify and qualify opportunities from marketing driven leads
- Sales Prospecting and Hunting - Expectation to generate a high volume of sales related activity including cold calling, presentations, RFP’s, and out of the box sales solutions
- Upsell current clients in current and new products - Provide market insight into the in-image and in-video display vertical and generate sales specifically from key brands and agencies. Support the roll out of Verity in 2020 and provide market insights from clients
- Relationship Development - Cultivate relationships with brands, agency contacts and clients to gain deep insight into their business and ultimately provide GumGum solutions for their marketing and advertising goals.
- Translate Client Insight to internal Product Team - Provide feedback to the company on how to best service clients’ needs
- Internal Collaboration - Work with Account Manager and other internal teams to ensure sold proposals are successfully implemented and aligned with client expectations.
- Strategic Sales - Support of West Region in developing, managing and executing strategic sales opportunities
Skills You'll Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Media or Marketing/Advertising field, or relevant experience
- 5+ years of selling experience in digital advertising sales (has to be sales in our specific industry whether publisher or tech sales)
- Experience managing a large book of business (4M+)
- Must have strong selling experience and track record of hitting or exceeding sales targets demonstrated with a list of brand and agency contacts in addition to other assignments in the region
- Experience leading small Sales teams with a track record of success
- Programmatic experience a plus
- Proficient in SalesForce (is comfortable logging meetings, calls, pulling reports, etc.)
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills a must
- Must possess superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong and strategic relationship building with clients
- Attention to detail and organization in daily tasks
- Quick at problem solving internally and externally while managing stakeholders through the process
- Fundamental understanding of business drivers (P/L, Operating Statement, COGS, Revenue, etc.)
- Applies analytical skills to interpret data and uses independent judgment and discretion in developing solutions to a variety of work problems
- Looking for someone who is hungry and motivated and passionate about our product
- Outgoing and can build and maintain/grow client relationships at all levels (entertaining is required)
- Proactive not reactive in approach
- Sense of urgency in everything they do
- Flexible and have the ability to adjust quickly to changing demands or strategies
- Creative and think outside the box and be strategic
What We Offer
At GumGum, competitive base pay is a part of a total rewards package which also includes benefits, an emphasis on recognition, development, and wellness. The reasonable estimated base pay range for this role is from $113,000 to $130,000 annually.
The actual amount may be higher or lower. Individual compensation will vary based on factors including, but not limited to, relevant qualifications, work location, and labor market conditions.
The total rewards package offered also includes an employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan, and depending on the role, participation in a bonus, commission, or stock incentive program. Your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process. Learn more about our U.S. benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits.
- Shortlisted for Marketing Technology Company of the Year for the 2023 Mumbrella Awards
- 2024 Winner of 7 BuiltIn Awards on a national, regional, and remote scale - including Remote Best Places to Work at #25 and Best Midsize Places to Work in Los Angeles, CA at #9
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- CTO Hero Award of OTT.X 2023
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
- Finalist for the 2023 AdExchanger Awards Best Video Technology For Media Suppliers
- Gold Award at the IAB Mixx Awards in Belgium in the “Best Use of Advertising Technology” category
- The Drum Award Digital Advertising: Game-changing Technology for Domino's case study
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum