Director of TPM - India
📍 Narvar Hybrid Eligible locations: Atlanta, GA | Austin, TX | New York, NY | San Francisco, CA | London, UK | Bangalore, India | Tokyo, Japan
Narvar is growing! We are hiring a Staff Technical Program Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to own the challenge of setting the course for large company-wide initiatives, launching customer facing products and being involved in the delivery of these initiatives in a fast paced environment.
This role calls for a strong, proactive leader capable of autonomously driving cross-team programs. Qualified candidates have experience defining projects and features, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating large cross functional projects and schedules, and delivering complex projects with accurate results at scale.
- Drive complex cross-team projects (like: Cloud Migration).
- Chief of Staff for Engineering (working with and reporting to the Head of Engineering).
- Develop and drive programs to improve engineering productivity, effective onboarding, continuous improvement, engineering leadership development, etc.
- Help develop and deploy Engineering Playbooks for remote first work (How we make things, How we operate things, How we function as a team).
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Engineering, Science, Economics, Statistics, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience in a product focused company.
- Strong customer empathy, sound judgement (balancing short and long term business needs, trading off between costs, risk and benefits) and obsession with quality, reliability & correctness.
- You have a track record of program management during all phases of software development from kick-off to delivery.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, building strong relationships with stakeholders and teams around the organization.
- You can drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Experience operating autonomously and leading large-scale efforts across multiple teams and functions, with stakeholders in different disciplines across time zones.
- Exceptional critical thinking & analytical skills and the ability to make informed & fast decisions related to technology solution design and direction. Demonstrated experience of 'owning' and driving data driven decisions (data analysis skills are key for this role).
- Ability to engage in technical discussions with engineering and operational teams and making technology related product decisions.
- Engineering background and capability to build small tools to automate the mundane and repetitive tasks.
- Experience with customer facing API documentation (working with a Technical Writer).
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. Post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike, and 1300+ other brands. With hubs in San Francisco, Atlanta, London, and Bangalore, we've served over 125 million consumers worldwide across 10+ billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.