Senior Software Engineer II, Distributed Systems
📍 Narvar Hybrid Eligible locations: Atlanta, GA | Austin, TX | New York, NY | San Francisco, CA | London, UK | Bangalore, India | Tokyo, Japan
Narvar is growing! We are hiring strong and motivated Backend Engineers to join the platform architecture team. You will help us drive decisions on how best to scale and extend our platform and own reliability and scalability KPIs.
- Work in a group of motivated engineers and help the members of your team grow technically
- Get inspired and influenced by your team and embrace modern engineering practices that will enable you to frequently release high-quality services
- Work with the team to design, estimate, develop and launch new products & features
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience, and performance
What we're looking for
- You have a BS/MS in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
- You have 5+ years of experience as a professional software engineer with hands-on experience in architecture, design and development of enterprise applications, integrations & data infrastructure
- You have experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems
- You have experience with managing large, complex systems in the cloud
- You have proven track record in delivering efficient, scalable, reliable and maintainable customer facing systems on time
- You are not afraid to take initiative and help make an impact on the larger organization
- You have solid organizational and communication skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- Deep hands-on expertise in one or more of the following server-side languages: Java, Python, Go, Scala, Rust
- Extensive experience designing, building, and integrating with RESTful APIs
- Experience designing and scaling relational and NoSQL database platforms (such as MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticache)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like Amazon AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience building high volume, high performance, and highly available SaaS or consumer-facing products
- Professional experience on Data Engineering Or Machine learning (model building or ML Ops) is a bonus.
- You have demonstrated experience managing, delivering and owning the services end-to-end
- You have solid track record engaging and collaborating across the organization in different locations
- You have led the technical architecture of maintainable and scalable applications and data systems
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. Post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike, and 1300+ other brands. With hubs in San Francisco, Atlanta, London, and Bangalore, we've served over 125 million consumers worldwide across 10+ billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.