Junior Interior Designer
Pacaso exists to enrich lives by making second home ownership possible and enjoyable for more people. Our innovative co-ownership model is the easiest, smartest and most responsible way for people to experience the joy of a second home. We provide all the benefits of true ownership without the hassles through our simplified financial structure, easy and equitable scheduling, and dedicated local property management.
Founded by former Zillow executives, Pacaso has secured more than $215 million in growth financing and is valued at $1.5 billion. In March 2021, Pacaso achieved unicorn status (a valuation of $1 billion) faster than any other company in the United States. We have been featured in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Forbes, CNBC and more.
Pacaso is a certified Great Place to Work, is #6 on Glassdoor's 2022 list of Best Places to Work, is one of LinkedIn's top startups of 2022, and was ranked on Fortune's Top 100 Small and Medium Workplaces list 2021- 2023.
About this Role:
We are looking for a detail-oriented and self-motivated project coordinator to join our design team. This person will own key phases of the Interior Design Project lifecycle and contribute to our owners’ satisfaction by supporting our Lead Designer in ensuring the successful design of each of our homes. This role is ideal for innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for establishing and fostering relationships.
What you’ll do:
- Work in tandem with the design team to produce design schematics for each Pacaso property.
- Provide detailed selections for accessories, art, rugs, fixture replacements, and all soft goods.
- Assist in the evaluation of existing furniture that is purchased and incorporate replacement pieces to elevate the design to meet Pacaso standards.
- Create FF&E decks to be distributed to sales immediately after design has been completed and inventory has been confirmed as available.
- Aid in identifying local sources for art and furnishings that could be incorporated into the overall design.
- Coordinate ordering with the procurement coordinator and assist with follow up recommendations when needed.
- Identify any design gaps or oversights during installation that need to be promptly addressed and order the corresponding pieces.
- Create detailed floor plans for specified placement of FF&E for each property so that the Onboarding Manager has a clear and concise vision of how the schematic is to be placed.
- Gather and organize tear sheets of all FF&E per home
- Manage product library in Houzz Pro
- This is a remote role and will require you to travel up to 50% of the time
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- More than 1 year experience working full-time managing schedules, projects or logistics
- Experience within a design firm, high-end furniture showroom or luxury retail preferred
- A basic financial acumen: You have experience managing and sticking to budgets and can reverse engineer when necessary for budgetary purposes
- A proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, priorities and workflows, and meet deadlines
- Interest in interior design and a good eye
- Demonstrable experience in all phases of project workflows from preliminary design through install
- Knowledge of building materials, finishes, furniture installation and construction methods as they relate to the interior design discipline is a plus
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- A “roll-up-the-sleeves mindset”: You enjoy an entrepreneurial atmosphere that requires you to pitch in to get the job done and to be comfortable in an environment with lean staffing
- Comfortable with ambiguity: You don’t always wait to be told what to; you proactively look for ways to add value to anything you work on
- Strong written and verbal communications skills: you know how to communicate effectively
- A proactive disposition: you always think many steps ahead to ensure we stay on schedule
You’ll love working at Pacaso because of our ...
- Amazing remote-first team and culture.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Sponsored memberships to One Medical, Ginger and Carrot.
- 401(k) to help you save for the future.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Generous home office stipend and monthly cell phone reimbursement.
- Quarterly remote team building events and L&D opportunities.
Pacaso encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.