Pacaso exists to enrich lives by making second home ownership possible and enjoyable for more people. Our innovative co-ownership model is the easiest, smartest and most responsible way for people to experience the joy of a second home. We provide all the benefits of true ownership without the hassles through our simplified financial structure, easy and equitable scheduling, and dedicated local property management.
Founded by former Zillow executives, Pacaso has secured more than $215 million in growth financing and is valued at $1.5 billion. In March 2021, Pacaso achieved unicorn status (a valuation of $1 billion) faster than any other company in the United States. We have been featured in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Forbes, CNBC and more.
Pacaso is a certified Great Place to Work, is #6 on Glassdoor's 2022 list of Best Places to Work, is one of LinkedIn's top startups of 2022, and was ranked on Fortune's Top 100 Small and Medium Workplaces list 2021- 2023.
We are looking for an experienced maintenance technician to
- Perform routine maintenance of Pacaso Homes before, during and after our owners have left the home in preparation for our next owner to arrive.
- Create scope of work with our acquisitions team during the home inspection period to identify any issues and log future maintenance items we will need to perform both pre and post ownership.
- Catalog the home's equipment and systems for quick parts and service work.
- Maintain home systems HVAC, Water heaters, Appliances, AV systems, Pool/Spa, Networks.
- Create preventative maintenance work orders and schedule accordingly to our turn days.
- Able to perform all aspects of handyman trade work to a high standard and attention to detail.
- Working on electrical and plumbing issues for emergency work orders.
- Flexible work schedule to meet emergency calls and required home inspection walk throughs.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Able to work from heights and for an extended period of time without sitting.
- This role is part time, estimated 20 hours a week, and pays $30 an hour
- CPO Pool / Spa maintenance certification Required
- HVAC certified technician.
- Home Security systems experience.
- Home Automation - installation and troubleshooting experience.
- Strong understanding of general maintenance processes and methods of repairs are required.
- Must have own tools and reliable transportation (compensation will be provided accordingly)
- Physical agility: Ability to maneuver tight spaces and lift heavy objects (up to 50lbs)
- Ability to schedule and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with high attention to detail.
- Ability to travel locally and regionally when needed.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Ability to use technologies to perform work and reporting.
- Single Family/Multi Family experience preferred
- Communication skills: Maintenance workers often will interact with homeowners, Home Managers, acquisitions associates and leadership, so you need to be able to communicate in a way that is both clear and friendly.
- Time management skills: You will need to manage daily tasks and long-term projects. To do this effectively, you need to be able to prioritize tasks, create schedules and develop timelines for completing the work and organizing your time effectively.
- Diagnostic skills: Problem solving and critical thinking are the key to this position. You will regularly need to diagnose issues and develop effective and efficient solutions that work in the tight timelines we have for repairs.
- Physical Dexterity: This position requires ability to lift heavy objects, squeeze through tight spaces, climb ladders and work on roofs and decks.
Technical skills: You will need a basic understanding of electrical systems, plumbing, home automation, current technologies, security systems, paint touch ups and basics carpentry skills.
You’ll love working at Pacaso because of our ...
- Amazing remote-first team and culture.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Sponsored memberships to One Medical, Ginger and Carrot.
- 401(k) to help you save for the future.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Generous home office stipend and monthly cell phone reimbursement.
- Quarterly remote team building events and L&D opportunities.
Pacaso encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.