Senior Product Manager, Market and Central Operations
Pacaso exists to enrich lives by making second home ownership possible and enjoyable for more people. Our innovative co-ownership model is the easiest, smartest and most responsible way for people to experience the joy of a second home. We provide all the benefits of true ownership without the hassles through our simplified financial structure, easy and equitable scheduling, and dedicated local property management.
Founded by former Zillow executives, Pacaso has secured more than $215 million in growth financing and is valued at $1.5 billion. In March 2021, Pacaso achieved unicorn status (a valuation of $1 billion) faster than any other company in the United States. We have been featured in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Forbes, CNBC and more.
Pacaso is a certified Great Place to Work, is #6 on Glassdoor's 2022 list of Best Places to Work, is one of LinkedIn's top startups of 2022, and was ranked on Fortune's Top 100 Small and Medium Workplaces list 2021- 2023.
About the Role:
We are in search of a Senior Product Manager who excels in both hands-on execution and strategic planning to spearhead development of the operational engine for scaling our Market Operations and Central Operations functions. This pivotal role entails initiating and cultivating new projects, followed by adeptly scaling them in line with our growth trajectory. The ideal candidate will possess a robust history of creating and implementing successful tech-driven solutions, particularly in the realms of customer support and supply chain management. Their proven expertise should demonstrate significant contributions to the development and enhancement of operational systems, ensuring efficiency and scalability.
- Build product strategy for centralized Customer Support function, with a focus on external and internal users; align product trajectory with operational vision and 2024 business goals
- Manage end-to-end process from research to development to launch of MVP; develop post-launch roadmap
- Conduct research to develop deep understanding of crew needs, operational processes, pain points, and opportunities; engage external customers as well as internal stakeholders (e.g., Senior Leadership, Home Management, Repairs and Maintenance, Housekeeping, Home Onboarding, Central Operations, Finance / Accounting, Sales, Marketing, Product)
- Audit existing systems and products to identify gaps in needs vs functionality
- Produce detailed vision documents, including product strategy, technical product requirements, user stories, Data requirements and implementation roadmap; ensure that requirements incorporate effective written and visual techniques (e.g., workflows, sequence diagrams, mockups)
- Determine technical feasibility, dependencies, and constraints of features with support from internal Engineering, Data, and Product teams
- Identify and evaluate potential solution set, including build vs buy options, and customization / enhancement of existing systems; make recommendation and align cross-functional stakeholders on plan
- Ensure solution meets robust data collection / management / visualization needs; create data flows and functional and technical specifications as needed
- Define product performance and effectiveness metrics that measure and benchmark product success
- Manage development and launch; lead the technical delivery of solution(s) in partnership with internal teams and external partners / contractors
- Track progress, assess risks, and actively communicate contingency and mitigation plans for the team
- Work with Central Operations to manage operational implementation; support development of training modules, SOPs, and dashboards to manage performance
- 7+ years of experience in product management; experience building internal products for operations teams required
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of credibility with internal and external partners; exceptional communication skills (written, verbal, visual)
- Ability to break down complex problems and efficiently use data and analytics layered against high-quality user research to inform the direction of the product
- Demonstrates strong customer empathy and intuition; builds strategy via user-centered approach
- Robust background in data / analytics; ideal candidate has experience working on data flows and related system architecture
- Experience bringing world-class products to market, driving key strategies that shaped the investment areas of an organization
- Optimistic, intuitive, capable of dealing with ambiguity
- Experience using agile development methodologies with globally-distributed teams and the ability to keep up in a growth-stage startup environment
- Demonstrated product management experience building out Customer Support product along with other operational systems like procurement or supply chain management; experience with Salesforce required
You’ll love working at Pacaso because of our ...
- Amazing remote-first team and culture.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Sponsored memberships to One Medical, Ginger and Carrot.
- 401(k) to help you save for the future.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Generous home office stipend and monthly cell phone reimbursement.
- Quarterly remote team building events and L&D opportunities.
Pacaso encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.