Pacaso exists to enrich lives by making second home ownership possible and enjoyable for more people. Our innovative co-ownership model is the easiest, smartest and most responsible way for people to experience the joy of a second home. We provide all the benefits of true ownership without the hassles through our simplified financial structure, easy and equitable scheduling, and dedicated local property management.
Founded by former Zillow executives, Pacaso has secured more than $215 million in growth financing and is valued at $1.5 billion. In March 2021, Pacaso achieved unicorn status (a valuation of $1 billion) faster than any other company in the United States. We have been featured in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Forbes, CNBC and more.
Pacaso is a certified Great Place to Work, is #6 on Glassdoor's 2022 list of Best Places to Work, is one of LinkedIn's top startups of 2022, and was ranked on Fortune's Top 100 Small and Medium Workplaces list 2021- 2023.
About the Role
As a data scientist at Pacaso you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of real estate co-ownership. This is a cross-functional position where you will help develop the advanced analytics products and infrastructure that drive our new initiatives and businesses, and ensure we are staying on the path to success. We are looking for a full-stack data scientist who is comfortable building predictive models, understanding business dynamics, and distilling data into actionable insights across all business functions.
What You Will Do
- Build and deploy machine learning models that help scale our business and automate our decision making
- Turn information into knowledge by acquiring, exploring, and transforming data from different systems
- Define the right KPIs across functions to measure and track success
- Identify opportunities to grow the business and improve efficiency
- Data visualization and automated reporting
- Support for experimentation design and A/B testing to validate product improvement
- Communicate effectively with executives and stakeholders, and advocate for how our team can help the business
Skills / Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience developing analytical insights across different business functions
- Proficiency in Python and/or R, strong SQL skills, and knowledge of ETL processes
- Experience with cloud data platforms and tools (AWS preferred)
- Expert knowledge of data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Power BI, Quicksight)
- Experience developing machine learning algorithms and deploying them in a production environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate results to different audiences
You’ll love working at Pacaso because of our ...
- Amazing remote-first team and culture.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Sponsored memberships to One Medical, Ginger and Carrot.
- 401(k) to help you save for the future.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Generous home office stipend and monthly cell phone reimbursement.
- Quarterly remote team building events and L&D opportunities.
Pacaso encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.