Machine Learning Engineer
We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Symbl, our mission is to build machines that understand human conversations better than humans with safety, trust and reliability to unlock the true potential of mankind. Spoken Language is at the center of all communications and it can be difficult and expensive to parse the behavior, syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning to voice. Symbl platform provides access to pre-trained language models through its APIs that are custom built on millions of spoken minutes to understand the nuances of meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we speak as opposed to what we write.
We recently raised our Series A, signed a multi-year partnership with Google Cloud, and we are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build voice understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious — we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with voice and build solutions and experiences that truly differentiate their business. And we have the technical chops and market understanding to back it up. We have built large scale and secure - enterprise grade developer products from API Gateways to Conversation AI platform and our entire team is world-class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome resilient and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come to solve complex problems that are unsolved and unstructured at times.
Why this role?
Design and implement novel research ideas.
Ship state of the art models to production.
Deep connections to academia.
We do not delineate strongly between engineering and research. Everyone will contribute to writing production code and conducting research depending on individual interest and organizational need.
Please Note: Although we have concentration centers in Seattle, WA and Pune, IN - there are no restrictions on where you can be located for this role - we are fully remote.
Working on Machine Learning, you will:
- Design, train and improve upon cutting-edge models
- Develop new techniques to train and serve models safer, better, and faster
- Train large scale models on massive datasets
- Engage in research collaborations with our partner organizations and academic affiliations
- Publish your work in top-tier conferences and journals
- Work closely with product teams to develop solutions
- Assist our legal teams with preparation of patents on developed IP
- Join us at a pivotal moment, shape what we build and wear multiple hats!
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Proficiency in Python and related ML frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow for model prototyping and development
- Proficiency with optimized serving frameworks such as TF-Serving, Triton, Pytorch Serving
- Model optimization frameworks such as TensorRT, JAX, DeepSpeed, FasterTransformers, and XLA/MLIR
- Experience and proficiency in model quantization and knowledge distillation techniques
- Experience in building and scaling large-scale distributed training with multi-GPU/multi-Node set up
- Familiarity with modern deep learning architectures such as Transformers and their use in autoregressive/generative use cases
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- A demonstrated passion for applied NLP models and products
- Bonus: experience writing kernels for GPUs using CUDA
- Bonus: experience training on TPUs
- Bonus: paper at top-tier venues (such as NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, AIStats, MLSys, JMLR, AAAI, Nature, COLING, ACL, EMNLP)
- This is neither an exhaustive nor necessary set of attributes. Even if none of these apply to you, but you believe you will contribute to Symbl, please reach out. We have a wide variety of backgrounds at Symbl.
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Symbl is the place for you.
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🦷 Full health and dental benefits for you and majority coverage for your family
🐣 Parental Leave
🎨Annual Learning and Development Stipend + Monthly wellness stipend for your gym membership or food delivery
🏙 Remote-flexible WFH stipend with co-working days to meet the local team and community.
✈️ Unlimited vacation
How to Apply:
Email with your cover letter including any relevant links to Github or your recent publications to [email hidden]. We look forward to getting to know you!