Senior Graphic Designer
The Black Tux
Software Engineering, Design
Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2023
The Black Tux is reinventing the formalwear rental industry so people can show up at their best on the days that matter most. The company designs and manufactures modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning, tailor-trained fit specialists, and industry-leading customer service, The Black Tux guarantees a perfect fit every time.
The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for the creative direction and production of visual content across a range of mediums and channels, including packaging, visual merchandising, web, print, and social media. You will help develop and execute the brand's creative vision, ensuring that all design work aligns with brand standards and objectives. In this role, you'll communicate creative ideas, collaborate on ideation with our CMO and CEO, and deliver solutions. As the Sr. Graphic Designer, you will pride yourself on making beautiful work with great attention to detail and a high degree for organization.
*Candidates must present a portfolio showcasing a variety of work across mediums (e.g. Digital, OOH, Print) and across disciplines (e.g. brand identity, packaging, email design, social media, etc.)
This position is fully remote. Periodic travel may be required to LA and/or NYC to support photoshoots, video shoots, and other creative productions.
There has been a wave of recruitment scams happening across our industry so here are some things to keep an eye out for: during our interview process we will never ask candidates for money, send unsolicited job offers or employee contracts, ask for sensitive personal information, require any fees or access to any financial accounts, conduct text-only interviews, or hold interviews on social media platforms or online chats. We're including a link on job scams and how to avoid them from the Federal Trade Commission for anyone who would like to learn more.
What You'll Do
- Brand Identity: Uphold and evolve the visual identity of The Black Tux, ensuring consistency and alignment with the brand's values and aesthetic across all touchpoints
- Marketing Material Creation: Design marketing materials, including digital ads, email campaigns, social media graphics, print catalogs, and other promotional collateral that effectively communicate the brand and key marketing messages
- Art Direction: Provide art direction for marketing campaigns and photo shoots, ensuring that the visual elements align with the brand's messaging and aesthetic, and effectively communicate the desired mood and style
- Website Design: Assist in designing and updating visuals for key marketing pages on the website, delivering a compelling user experience
- Photography: Provide support with photoshoot production and post-production editing, ensuring high-quality visual content that aligns with the brand’s standards
- Packaging Design: Contribute to the design of packaging materials, including in-box print materials, to enhance customer experience
- Asset Management: Organize and maintain a library of design assets and templates for efficient use across the company
- Brand Evolution: Stay up to date with the latest design trends, technologies, and best practices in graphic design and apply these learnings to keep our approach current
- Collaboration with External Agencies and Design Studios: Work with outside agencies and studios as needed on ad hoc design projects
Who You Are
- 4-6 years experience as a Graphic Designer
- Strong understanding of design for digital, print, and interactive
- Trend and culturally focused
- Expertise with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (full Adobe Creative Suite is a plus), Figma
- Prior experience and/or interest in photoshoot production is a plus
- Professional; self-directed, detail-oriented, flexible, collaborative, and a highly effective communicator
Perks & Benefits at The Black Tux
- We pay people equally and based on market compensation data
- We provide a 401(k) plan through Betterment
- Equity in the company with employee stock options to have a stake in the company
- Our Health, dental, and vision plans are competitive, and we cover 100% of employee coverage and 50% of dependents
- Open vacation time
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- Monthly employee events and trainings
- Free suit rentals
Our people are the most important asset to us. Our benefits, perks, pay, and culture reflect this in every decision we make. We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Notice to California Job Applicants disclosed here.