Office Coordinator (Washington, DC)
Umbra builds next-generation space systems that observe the Earth in unprecedented fidelity.
Our mission: Deliver global omniscience.
To stay ahead of climate change, geopolitical risk, and other major crises and issues, we need a global understanding of what is changing, where, and how fast. Umbra provides easy access to the highest quality commercial satellite data available, which is an indispensable tool for the growing number of organizations monitoring the Earth. We empower our customers to create the solutions that inform, inspire, and address our planet’s most pressing needs. We’re helping to create a brand new industry that has never meaningfully existed before.
We are seeking a knowledgeable Facilities Security Specialist to ensure an optimal working environment in our Western DC office. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the Facilities Manager in providing a safe and enjoyable office working environment. This position will be the first point of contact for all deliveries, shipments and mail collection and will be stationed at the front desk of the office where you will greet visitors, ensure security compliance (check ID's, maintain secure offices and security badges etc.) and facilitate all visitor details. The ideal candidate will perform regular building safety and security inspections, coordinate with the landlord and building maintenance personnel, supervise vendors as needed and maintain all office equipment and office supplies (including office snacks and lunches). This position will work closely with Umbra Security, leadership, employees, and USG security officials to implement and maintain Umbra’s security program. This is an in-person position in our Northern Virginia (DC) facility and requires a Current Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Maintain day-to-day operations of facilities and office
- With direction from Facilities Manager, work with landlords, property managers and building maintenance personnel to complete daily office tasks
- Administer Umbra’s collateral and SCI security programs to ensure company and customer security requirements are met, including personnel processing, program reviews, document control system, audits & self-inspections, violation investigations & reports, receipt/dispatch/destruction/mail logs, visit certs, etc.
- Maintain and regularly check life safety equipment as required per code (Fire Extinguishers, exit signs, etc.)
- Participate in Government Inspections and implement corrective actions
- Assist in development of and provide initial and recurring training for security, Insider Threat protection, Information Systems security, derivative classification, and other training as required by contract, U.S. law, or Umbra policy
- Review and audit all areas regularly for safety compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services; prepare related reports and documentation
- Collaborate closely with Umbra Operations to ensure a comprehensive security posture for the entire organization, including active engagement and alignment with Umbra’s Security Manager and Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) to support the securing of Umbra’s open and closed information systems
- Respond to office alarms as needed/required and notify Facilities Manager accordingly
- Support Executives and office staff with daily required needs
- Maintain calendar of events and duties
- Coordinate and inventory all office supplies, snacks, drinks and lunches
- Responsible for all mail, deliveries and shipping/receiving
- Break down delivery boxes (non-kitchens); occasionally take out trash and recycling
- Current Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Familiarity with Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), and related Industrial Security Guidance Manuals or Special Program Security directive and applicable typical DD-254 security requirements
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience working as, or closely with, a qualified and fully trained Industrial Security professional
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience working in facilities assistance or coordination, including administrative duties
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and GSuite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive)
- Requires physical exertion to manually lift, move, pull, push, or carry materials or objects up to 50 pounds; climb a ladder for maintenance or storage purposes; change light bulbs
- Requires reaching, bending, stooping, or standing
- Strong interpersonal and business-level communication skills
- Highly organized and task oriented, with meticulous attention to detail
- Consistently demonstrate a high degree of integrity and discretion
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced development environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- Experience working in a security-minded industry (i.e., aerospace, government, defense)
- Familiarity with alarm systems and camera systems
- Experience working in a commercial office building or facility
- Shipping and receiving experience
- Flexible Time Off, Sick & Family Leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Vol Life, 401(k)
- Stock Options
Umbra is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Employment Eligibility Verification:
In compliance with federal laws, all hired persons will be required to verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States by completing the required Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9 Form) upon hire.
This position may include access to technology and/or data that is subject to U.S. export controls pursuant to ITAR and EAR. To comply with federal export controls, all persons hired must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, refugee or asylee as defined by 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), or must otherwise be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or U.S.Department of Commerce as applicable.
This job posting may span more than one career level. To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base ranges for all job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function and level benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by skills, responsibilities and relevant work experience.