Head of Asset Management
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 4, 2023
Keyway is a Series A stage PropTech company. We are building a new ecosystem for commercial real estate where every deal, no matter how big or small, receives the right resources and systems to succeed. We leverage AI to identify commercial real estate opportunities and our own technology to ensure that the transaction itself is transparent, smooth and predictable. We are not brokers, buyers or sellers - we are connectors.
Our CEO has successfully launched three companies, and our leadership team are alumni from respected companies such as Google, Capital One, McKinsey, Compass, Brookfield, Ares, and Blackstone, among others. We recently raised a $25M Series A, and have raised over $100M in total funding up to this point.
We are backed by Canvas, Camber Creek, Thomvest & FJ Labs, four venture capital firms that have invested in other successful companies like Alibaba, AppNexus, Betterment, Buzzfeed, Dataminr, Dropbox, FanDuel, Houzz, Klarna, Opendoor, Palantir, Stripe, Uber, and Upwork (among others).
This Head of Asset Management will be responsible for formulating the strategic business plans for all of our real estate assets under Multifamily and Triple Net Lease/Medical. This would have oversight and management of operating partners on leasing, capital projects, budgeting, and capital events.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Conduct monthly operational reviews, including financial results and management strategies for cost savings and revenue enhancements
- Conduct due diligence of legal documents, financial reports, operating projections, sales comps, surveys and marketing informationMake investment recommendations including renovations, major capital expenditures, rental rates and executing the strategy of the deal while navigating current market conditions.
- Interact with operating partners throughout the portfolio on a daily basis to oversee the full scope of operations
- Work closely with our product and technology team to build tools to automate time-consuming and data centric processes
- Perform regular and ad-hoc financial analysis and ongoing review of revenue data, forecasts, performance metrics, and profit/loss statements
- Review asset valuations on a quarterly basis and recommend strategies to improve portfolio value.
- Work with data and product to bring an innovative approach leveraging internal and external data sources to monitor the health or the portfolios.
- Prepare annual asset plans for the investment committee and participate in periodic presentations to investment partners.
- Bachelor’s degree (business, accounting or finance preferred)
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience required, net lease and multifamily experience preferred
- Subject matter expertise in real estate investments, real estate financial modeling; cash flow valuation and underwriting a plus
- Excellent analytical, financial, and quantitative skills, with highest level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated interpretive knowledge of property level financial statements and financial analysis including ROI analysis, market share assumptions, and forecasting
- You believe that technology can play a major role in disrupting asset management for commercial real estate and you already have good ideas to explore
- OWNERSHIP: Make it happen, no matter what.
- EXCELLENCE: Everything we do is world-class
- COLLABORATION We trust in the power of working together.
- WINNING: We’re here to be the best.
- FAIRNESS: We get deals done, done right
- FUN: We work hard and we enjoy the ride.
At Keyway we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.