Acquisitions Senior Associate
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2023
Keyway is a Series A stage PropTech company. We are building a new ecosystem for commercial real estate where every deal, no matter how big or small, receives the right resources and systems to succeed. We leverage AI to identify commercial real estate opportunities and our own technology to ensure that the transaction itself is transparent, smooth and predictable. We are not brokers, buyers or sellers - we are connectors.
Our CEO has successfully launched three companies, and our leadership team are alumni from respected companies such as Google, Capital One, McKinsey, Compass, Brookfield, Ares, and Blackstone, among others. We recently raised a $25M Series A, and have raised over $100M in total funding up to this point.
We are backed by Canvas, Camber Creek, Thomvest & FJ Labs, four venture capital firms that have invested in other successful companies like Alibaba, AppNexus, Betterment, Buzzfeed, Dataminr, Dropbox, FanDuel, Houzz, Klarna, Opendoor, Palantir, Stripe, Uber, and Upwork (among others).
As an Acquisitions Sr. Associate, you will be responsible for the analysis of multi-family acquisition opportunities, including underwriting, business and financial due diligence, execution, and asset management. The position will require the ability to create complex financial models to analyze various real estate scenarios. Additionally, the candidate will be required to assist in creating investment memoranda and conduct in-depth market research and property-level due diligence.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Assist in underwriting, diligence, deal execution and asset management of property acquisitions, dispositions, and recapitalization
- Financial modeling and analysis for underwriting and due diligence activities via Excel
- Perform competitive and demographic research in prospective markets to discern real estate trends
- Conduct Property-level due diligence including site visits, review of leases, property financial information and third-party reports
- Development and documentation of transaction rationale and investment strategy, including preparation and presentation of investment memoranda and investor presentation materials
- Think critically and analyze information to provide meaningful insight and input to deals
- Promote a culture of collaboration and be willing to work cross-functionally to add value across the organizationAssist in building weekly pipelines and identifying 5-10 new deals / week
- 5+ years of experience within real estate investments, preferably on the investment banking or real estate private equity
- Extensive experience closing commercial real estate transactions
- Solid understanding of Excel with financial modeling and spreadsheet analysis experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skillsDistinctive problem-solving, strategic and analytical capabilities, track record of building trusted relationships with a variety of contacts and executive stakeholders
- Ability to simplify complex ideas into presentable messages
- We prioritize a commitment to diversity in our team building process.
- We enthusiastically encourage individuals from a variety of lived experiences to reach out.
- OWNERSHIP: Make it happen, no matter what.
- EXCELLENCE: Everything we do is world-class
- COLLABORATION We trust in the power of working together.
- WINNING: We’re here to be the best.
- FAIRNESS: We get deals done, done right
- FUN: We work hard and we enjoy the ride.
Salary: $120k-$130k + bonus + equity
At Keyway we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.